After Earthlink, we visited the Rembrandt factory. It was pretty amazing to see how much work goes into making a suit jacket and it made me appreciate the effort and skill that goes into making our clothing. I think it's sad that we take things for granted but understand that it's because we don't know what went into making them. I think it'd be good to have a more transparent system where we see who and how our clothes are made so that we can better appreciate them. I think this could create a stronger attachment between us and our clothing so that we buy more thoughtfully and hang onto things longer, creating less waste.
Thursday, 12 November 2015
11.11.15 Rembrandt's visit
After Earthlink, we visited the Rembrandt factory. It was pretty amazing to see how much work goes into making a suit jacket and it made me appreciate the effort and skill that goes into making our clothing. I think it's sad that we take things for granted but understand that it's because we don't know what went into making them. I think it'd be good to have a more transparent system where we see who and how our clothes are made so that we can better appreciate them. I think this could create a stronger attachment between us and our clothing so that we buy more thoughtfully and hang onto things longer, creating less waste.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment